Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Artsonjae Center



I went to Artsonje Center. It was near Insadong. When we got off the bus, we saw men who were riding horses. They wore traditional Korean soldier uniform. I wanted to take picture them but they were really fast.

Inhwan Oh's solo exhibition, "TRAnS", was really interesting. In the 'Name Project : Looking for You in Seoul', a signboard advertising a search for 10 people with the most common names in South Korea was created and loaded onto the back of an advertising truck. And this truck traveled throughout Seoul during the period of the exhibition searching for such people.

Actually I knew all of ten names which were selected by artist. LEE JI EUN is my highschool friend's name, LEE JUNG HUN is my professor's name...and so on. I could think a poem through this work. 'Flower' by Kim Choon soo is famous poem in Korea, it says that when you call my name, I will be a flower to you so I want to be a flower not forgotten to you. It means being a meaningful person to other people is very important and wonderful thing. I guessed maybe the artist designed this Name Project to express like these idea.

And I liked those cat character so I wanted to buy a poster which was printed but that was not for sale. Docent said it is a work of former exhibition and I will be able to see this cat painted at Seoul Station and Deahangno also. Actually I wondered where they are concretely but he seemed to don't know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive