Sunday, July 19, 2009

Culture is identity

In my opinion, we already mentioned through last Friday presentation, culture is people's identities.
Identity is determined by culture which they live in even though they have a same race and lineage. In addition, if someone's identity is decided, it is not changeable simply. For the reason that, culture is perceived and adopted though your head, is not understood. We can easily find conflictions by culture in immigrants’ families.
From this point of view, Seoul has various appearances and colors of districts. However, it doesn't have characteristic culture. Consequently, through this project, I'm concerning that which culture can represent Seoul and how Seoul has it. Additionally, Master Byungki Hwang said "The most Korean traditional culture is the most international culture.” I totally agreed his opinion, so I want to illustrate the culture can represent 2020 Korea, esp. Seoul with Korean traditional culture in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive