Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Old and New an inspiring coexistence

Today was my performance with Amy and Prof. Park using the P'ansori as the musical backdrop. This was purely improvisation considering that we only met for a very short period of time the day before so the story of the song could be explained to us and the rest was up to the body and the flow of its energy to do as it pleased.

I was quite nervous considering I don't really practice my dancing at all unless i'm well....dancing at the club or at some other place where it's appropriate.

Although all three styles were very unique and are usually set to different rhythms we were all three able to coexist in a way that had it's own style yet complemented each other very well to create what I thought was a great piece.

I wish I had the video to upload or some pictures but i'm sure they will come up on the blog later and if not i'll be able to get the video from someone else and upload it.

What a day, what a day. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive