Friday, July 17, 2009

Seoul, the city for all

I love human.
and I love to know new people.
In this summer, I met many new, and beautiful people.

In a small campus where I have been almost 3 years,
I could meet the people who I never met even in the small campus,
and I could meet the people from some places in abroad,
who have various colors, and who say various languages.

And I met the people who love the human.
I prepared to deliver some stories about the people,
who's seemed to far from us, but very close to us actually.

And I met beautiful people.
I talked to them from heart to heart
and I learned to include all the minority people in my mind.

And finally,
I deeply realized that our society is not existed only for Korean anymore.

Most of the Korean think that the Korean have special traditional value to keep,
and they believe that specific values should be kept the meaning of the past, even in the future.

I also agree with that idea.
However, is it meaningful
if that specific tradition refuse to accept the people
who's forgotten from the society for a long time?

Seoul in 2020 should be like a home for every people.
It should open its spaces for every people in the world.

Korea and the Seoul, the city where the most people existed,
These are the places not only for Korean but also for the other people.

There are already many foreigners in the Seoul of Korea.

There are people like milk
and there are people like a chocolate.

There are tourists just to enjoy for fun
and there are workers to earn money for their life.

There are people who just think 1000 won as like one coin
and there are people who think 1000 won as like one billion

There are people who start their new life in here
from leaving the another twin country of Korea, not just a neighbor.

There are many fathers and mothers who give us this decade
and there are many boys and girls who will keep this decade in the future.

Seoul should be the city for every one.

and also, Korea should be the country for every one.

------------- in Korean

나는 사람을 좋아한다.
그리고 사람을 알아가기를 좋아한다.
나는 이번 방학에 아주 많은 사람들과 새로운 인연을 맺었다.

내가 3년간 다니던 조그만 학교안에서도
내가 한번도 만나지 못했고 또 알지 못했던
많은 사람들을 만나게 되었고

또 세상의 곳곳에서 찾아온
다양한 피부색을 가지고, 또 다양한 언어를 말하는
많은 사람들을 새롭게 만났다.

그리고 난 인간을 사랑하는 사람들을 만났다.
난 그들과 함께 머리를 맞대고
마치 먼 이야기 같지만
사실은 바로 우리 주위,
아주 가까운 곳에 있는 결코 적지 않은 사람들의 이야기를
다른 사람들의 마음 속에 전해줄 준비를 했다.

그리고 난 아름다운 사람들을 만났다.
난 그들과 함께 마음을 맞대고
우리 주위에서 배회하는 그 사람들을
'우리'들 속으로 받아들이는 방법을 연구했고
실제로 그들을 포용하는 법을 배웠다.

그리고 난 이제서야
우리 사회가 더 이상 한국인만을 위해 존재하지 않는다는 것을
맘속 깊이 깨닫게 되었다.

대부분의 한국 사람들은
한국만이 가지고 있는 고유한 가치가 있다고 믿고
시대가 흐르더라도 그 가치를 지킴으로써
과거의 모습과 그 의미를 보존해야 한다고 생각한다.

나 역시 그렇다.
그러나 그 보존 가치가
지금까지 생각하지 못했던 많은 사람들을
배척함으로 인해서 지켜진다면
이 가치가 과연 의미가 있을까.

2020년의 서울은
모든 사람들에게 열려있는 집과 같은 공간이어야 한다.

한국 그리고 가장 많은 사람들이 공존하는 서울
그 곳은 비단 우리 한국인만이 살아갈 공간이 아니다.

이미 한국에는, 서울에는 아주 많은 수의 외국인이 있다.

그 중에는 우유처럼 새하얀 피부를 가진 사람도 있지만
초콜릿처럼 검은 피부를 가진 사람도 있다.

선글라스를 쓰고 서울의 거리를 여행삼아 돌아다니는 관광객도 있지만
누구보다 일찍 일어나 하루종일 굳은 손으로 일하는 노동자도 있다.

1000원은 돈 같지 않다며동전취급하는 부자도 있지만
하루하루를 1000원 한 장으로 근근이 연명하는 빈자도 있다.

이웃도 아닌, 쌍둥이 북쪽나라로부터
남쪽나라에서의 새출발을 꿈꾸며
결코 쉽지 않은 길을 건너온 사람도 있다.

이 시대를 우리에게 물려준 수많은 어머니와 아버지들이 있고
우리가 이 시대를 물려주어야 할 수많은 어린 아이와 청소년들이 있다.

서울은 이 모든 사람들의 도시다.

그리고 한국은 이 모든 사람들의 나라다.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive