Saturday, July 18, 2009

The real attraction - not too splendid, be simple, simple..!


I went to the Bookchon Hanoekmaeul a few days ago. On that day, I was very impressed by one house where we had an about a half an hour conversation. I am very familiar with the house because I had seen this house already several times by TV. It's not as grand as modern skyscraper. But it's.. so beautiful! The sun was pouring down in the yard.. There was delightful singing of birds... There wasn't any noise which makes today's people upset... Professor Dong Il Lee said that it's really fantastic to live here. I thought that everything will be romantic, even just have a dinner. Because of moonlight maybe.. Actually, the reason why our ancestors' houses (Hanoek) are wonderful is that they exist perfectly with nature, I think. So, I totally understand Professor Dong Il Lee's word that he was the most healthy guy in his life when he was living in here.
This picture is the edge of the eaves. It is a part of things which tell us how much our ancestors loved and lived with nature. Well.. It's not specially decorative. However, it shows us this house was built by almost only trees . It shows us also people can feel coolness thanks to this eaves which give shade. Then how about the sound of falling waterdrop from the eave on the rainy day?
It's so romantic!! Because of these reasons, I think that the eaves are maybe one of the most beautiful and special things of our old houses. It's why I post this picture.
I really hope that our team is the winner in the project so that we can have a great chance to have a wonderful lunch in this house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive